Applications due by July 31, 2017
Board of Directors
This position oversees the operational side of the organization and works to ensure it achieves the mission of the organization. The general role of the executive director is:
- To provide oversight and leadership in a manner consistent with the mission and vision of the organization
- To enable the Board to fulfill its governance function
- To enable the organization to achieve clearly defined strategic goals and objectives
- To serve as a liaison between board and staff members
This is a year-round, part-time position (20 hours/week). Occasional evening and weekend work is required.
Duties and responsibilities
- Memberships: The Executive Director works with the Membership Chairperson to meet membership goals as identified in the Strategic Plan and yearly Budget including securing new memberships, retaining current members, and enhancing member benefits.
- Strategic Plan/Annual Report: The Executive Director works with the Board of Directors to develop and implement organizational Strategic Plan and complete Annual Report at the end of each fiscal year.
- Budget/Fiscal Management: The Executive Director works with the Treasurer and Board of Directors to develop yearly budget. The Executive Director monitors all revenue and expenses and is responsible for assuring the fiscal health of the organization. The Executive Director coordinates with the Treasurer to assure that all federal and state permits and licenses are submitted as required and oversees financial records and tax preparation.
- Marketing: The Executive Director is responsible for organization marketing and community education including coordinating with the Marketing Chairperson and web site manager.
- Fund Development: The Executive Director works with the Fund Development Chairperson for fund development responsibilities including:
Community Relations: The Executive Director is responsible for representing the organization at community and member events.
Staff Supervision: The Executive Director is responsible for supervision of staff including short-term contractual positions.
Volunteer Management/Intern Supervision: The Executive Director is responsible for supervision of student interns and volunteers.
Event Planning: The Executive Director works with the Events Committee to plan and implement member events including Coffee Chats, After 5’s and community education opportunities.
Board Meetings: The Executive Director works with the President to determine the agenda for Board of Director meetings. The Executive Director attends Board meetings and gives reports.
- grant writing
- membership recruitment and retention
Experience and Skills
- Non-profit administration
- Public speaking
- Marketing and promotion
- Large scale fundraising (including writing and procuring grants)
- Financial management
- Staff and volunteer management
- Project management and oversight
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Quicken
- A desire to interact frequently with people
- Ability to proactively design and implement creative solutions
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively engage community partners
To Apply:Please submit cover letter, resume, and 3-5 professional references with the completed application form by July 31, 2017.